“Everything in moderation”
Have you ever been overwhelmed with choices?
With food, school, and activities, things can be stressful!
That is why is it SO important to keep things balanced.
If you’re having trouble deciding what to eat, look to this daily checklist for inspiration.
- Protein (can be lean meat, eggs, beans, peas, nuts)
- Fresh fruit
- Whole grains (can be whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice)
- Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)
Have you checked off all the items on this list today?
If you don't like the examples, look online for more options!
School can be tiring, so it is especially important to find a good balance.
You can do this by getting enough sleep (9-11 hours!) and figuring out a system with your homework.
Here are a few tips:
- Have a study routine—stick to the same time every day!
- Work with your teacher—don't be afraid to ask for help
- Take breaks every 10 to 20 minutes (eat a snack, drink some water, shake it out, and get back to it!)
- Make a list of what needs to get done
While you may want to relax after a long school day, it actually benefits you to keep moving.
Exercising helps clear your mind and makes it easier to think and focus.
If you want to hang out with friends, you can all join something together! Ask your parents about signing up for something that interests you.
In addition, feel free to fill your schedule with non-athletic activities! Sing in a choir, act in a school play, take an art class—stretching your brain creatively is also important.
Start Living a Balanced Life Today!
See if any of these tricks help!
It may take a little while, but I promise you’ll find what works best for you.
We would love to hear from you. Share your stories on how you live a balanced life.